Vai al contenuto

TRAILERS E NEWS

Joker

Messaggi raccomandati

No, Scott! Non farlo ... Ca..o, non impari mai, eh

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/alien-ridley-scott-reveals-how-iconic-scene-went-wrong-1213109

“You get to the point when you say, ‘Okay, it's dead in the water,’” he says. “I think Alien vs. Predator was a daft idea. And I'm not sure it did very well or not, I don't know. But it somehow brought down the beast. And I said to them, ‘Listen, you can resurrect this, but we have to go back to scratch and go to a prequel, if you like.’ So we go to Prometheus, which was not bad actually. But you know, there's no alien in it, except the baby at the end that showed, itself, the possibility. I mean, it had the silhouette of an alien, right? The alien [origin concept] is uniquely attached to Mother Nature. It simply comes off a wood beetle that will lay eggs inside some unsuspecting insect. And in so doing, the form of the egg will become the host for this new creature. That's hideous. But that was what it was. And you can't keep repeating that because the joke gets boring.”

Scott admires the tenacity of another enduring sci-fi franchise, Star Trek, in comparison.

“When I watched Captain Kirk 50 years ago thinking, ‘Who the hell's that guy? That guy really knows what he's doing,’ I have to admit I paid great attention to Kirk and his cohorts,” he says. “So here we are, 50 years later, god bless them, they’ve kept that alive and kept going through its evolution. But it's harder to keep the beast going for that long. I think it’s just tough. The joke wears out. Once you've seen it twice, three times, it’s no longer frightening.”

Inexorably tied to the Alien franchise for 40 years now, Scott insists that pushing a fresh take and not overly rehashing the nostalgic may just be the key to maintaining multiple life cycles in the future. “Go on, leave that behind, and see where it can evolve,” he declares. “So we're looking where we're going to evolve.”

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

54 minuti fa, Garion-Oh ha scritto:

Bel soggetto horror.

Come idea non è che sia l'apoteosi dell'originalità. Il guizzo lo dà l'aver usato quel gruppo di -effettivamente inquietanti- tizi col costume in pelouche.

Poi mi sembra scontato che si tratterà di un filmaccio di serie B buono giusto per l'home video, ma almeno va riconosciuta agli autori la scelta dei villain.

2 ore fa, onirepap ha scritto:

È più il seguito del romanzo che del film di Kubrick, anche perché a King lo odia in modo viscerale.

Io non ne sarei così sicuro, sai?

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• 2 weeks later...